List of Content in This Post
About Electronic Engineering
Electronics Engineering can be defined as the branch of engineering that utilises electrical components such as semiconductors, transistors, diodes and others to design Electronics circuits, devices, integrated circuits and electronic systems. The engineers typically also design passive electrical components, usually based on printed circuit boards. Electronics engineers also test circuits built using various electrical components such as resistors, capacitors, inductors etc. to achieve a particular functionality.
Electronics Engineering is considered a subfield of Electrical Engineering. Electronics Engineering subjects include Analog Electronics, Digital Electronics, Embedded Systems, Power Electronics, etc. An academic degree can be acquired from some universities by pursuing electronics engineering courses with a major in Electronics engineering, while other universities use Electrical Engineering as the subject. The term electrical engineer is still used in the academic world to include Electronics engineers.
Course Detail : Electronic Engineering
|Full Form||Bachelor in Engineering in electronic Engineering|
|Course Fee||INR 20,000-2 lakh per annum|
|Average Salary Offered||INR 5-10 lakh per annum|
|Job Positions||Electronics Engineer,Technical Head, Communication System Operator, Network Planning Manager, Instrumentation Manager|
How to Pursue a Career in Electronics Engineering
|Stream||Under Graduation||Post Graduation||After Post Graduation|
Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Maths
Pursue B.Tech in Electrical Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering for 4 years
Pursue M.Tech for 2-3 years
Pursue Ph.D for 2-3 years
Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Maths
Pursue B.Tech + M.Tech (Dual Degree)in Electrical Engineering for 5 years
Pursue Ph.D for 2-3 years
Clear class 10th and Join Diploma course in electrical engineering and their sub branches
Pursue B.Tech Lateral in Electrical Engineering / Electrical and Electronics Engineering / Electronics and Communication Engineering for 4 years
Pursue M.Tech for 2-3 years
Pursue Ph.D for 2-3 years
Career Opportunities in Electronics Engineering
- Electric power generation, transmission and distributionElectrical & Electronics Engineers can work across industries such as telecom, transportation network, IT, airplane & airspace manufacturing, and production, transmission, measurement & distribution of power.
- Navigational, measuring, electrometrical, control and biomedical instruments manufacturingEngineers in this field design, develop and maintain the electrical, electronics and computer control system to the required specifications, while focusing on economy, reliability, safety, sustainability and quality.
- Semiconductor and other electronic component manufacturingElectrical & Electronics Engineers supervise the manufacturing of sensitive electronic components and devices.
- Machinery manufacturingElectrical & Electronics Engineers help manufacture machinery equipment/ hardware.
- Implementation of Processing in equipmentElectronic Engineers help in implementing algorithms and principles for inculcating self-processing capabilities in electrical equipment.
- Academics and ResearchEngineers in this field can go for teaching and research positions related to electrical and electronics domain.
Electronic Engineering: Eligibility Criteria
Candidates can pursue Electronic Engineering at both graduate and postgraduate level. Below mentioned are the eligibility criteria to be fulfilled in order to pursue Electrical Engineering:
Minimum eligibility criteria to pursue Electronic Engineering (BTech) is class 12 pass in PCM/PCMB subjects with at least 50% marks in aggregate from a recognized school or university or equivalent
To pursue Electronic Engineering at post graduate level, the candidate must have a BTech degree in electrical engineering
Electronic Engineering: Entrance Exams
|College||Tentative Date||Important Elements||Website|
|Joint Entrance Examination Main (JEE Main)||April||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry,||www.jeemain.nic.in|
|Joint Entrance Examination Advanced (JEE Advanced)||May/June||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry,||www.jeeadv.ac.in|
|Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission (BITSAT)||May||Mathematics/Biology Physics, Chemistry, Logical Reasoning English||www.bitsadmission.com/bitsatmain.aspx|
|Education Promotion Society of India National Admission Test (ENAT)||April/May||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English||www.epsfi.org|
|Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Exam (VITEEE)||April||Mathematics/Biology Physics, Chemistry, English||www.vit.ac.in|
|University of Delhi Combined Entrance Exam (DU-CET)||June||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry,||www.dtu.ac.in|
|Consortium Medical, Engineering & Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK)||May||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry,||www.comedk.org|
|Admission Test for ICFAI Science & Technology (ATIT)||May||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English||www.icfaiuniversity.in/atit/btech_program.html|
|Indian Institute of Space & Technology Admission Test (ISAT)||June||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry,||www.iist.ac.in/admissions/undergraduate|
|Combined Written Admission Test (CWAT)||May/June||Botany Zoology Physics, Chemistry,||www.acds.co.in|
|SRM University Engineering Exam (SRMUEE)||April||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology||www.srmuniv.ac.in|
|Manipal University Online Entrance Exam (MU-OEE)||March/April||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology||www.manipal.edu|
|Indraprastha University Common EntranceTest (IPUCET)||May||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry,||www.ipu.ac.in|
|Institution||Tentative Date||Important Elements||Website|
|Graduate Aptitute Test in Engineering (GATE) (Postgraduate)||Jan/Feb||All Branches of engineering||www.gate.iisc.ernet.in|
Electronic Engineering Syllabus
Electronics engineering has a broad interdisciplinary course curriculum. The undergraduate level Electronics Engineering syllabus includes rigorous training in engineering, mathematics and basic electronics principles. The study programmes are a blend of quantitative aspects of engineering, analysis and design with a range of Electrical and electronics engineering.
The Electronics Engineering syllabus of BE/BTech courses is divided into eight semesters spread over a span of four years. Take a look at the detailed Electronics Engineering syllabus below:
Mechanics of Engineering
Engineering Drawing aspects
Basic of Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Circuits
Design Circuit and Networks
Laboratory Digital System
Communication Engineering Laboratory
Micro controls and Processing
Linear Integrated Circuits
Laboratory Digital Technology
Digital Signal Processing
Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
Industrial Organisations and Management
Embedded System Design
Major Project II
Difficult to find Your Best Career Options Book Appointmet.
Try it for free . No registration needed.
Electronic Engineering: Job Profiles
In India, a fresher Electronic Engineer may get a salary of around Rs 2.5 Lakh to Rs 5 Lakh per annum. Qualification and work experience are the two most prominent factors that would determine the salary of a candidate. Please find below the job description and salary of some of the prominent roles offered to the electronic engineers:
Rs 3 to 4 Lakh
Responsible for communicating and collaborating with all the employees under him/her for timely completion of the project
Rs 10 to 12 Lakh
Communication System Operator
Responsible for checking the smooth functioning of the communication lines
Rs 1 to 3 Lakh
Network Planning Manager
Planning, designing, evaluating and applying changes to existing or and new communication networks
Rs 5 to 6 Lakh
The job responsibility includes project management, and administering it technically and monitoring the various aspects related to the subject.
Rs 6 to 7 Lakh
- Design new products, write down requirements for their enhanced performance, as well as develop maintenance schedules and charts.
- Test equipment and machinery, solve operational problems, estimate time and cost of electrical and electronic products.
- Supervise the production of electrical and electronic equipments and machinery such as broadcast and telecommunication systems, electric motors, controls of machinery, lights and wiring in building complexes, vehicles, aircraft, radar and navigation systems.
- Utilize ferroelectric, nonlinear, photo-conductive, and thermoelectric properties of materials.
- Develop new applications of conductance of metallic & non-metallic materials to be used in components.
- Estimate material, construction, and labour costs, and project timescales
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing and conducting research programmes.
Electronic Engineering: Top Companies
Electronics Engineers are hired by some of the top organisations from various sectors. Candidates have many options available to them out of which they can select anyone. The recruiters are as follows:
- Research and Development Laboratories
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited.
- Defence Organisations
- National Thermal Power Corporation
- Texas Industries
Top Electronic Engineering Colleges
Top Electrical and Electronics Engineering Institutes in India
|Indian Institute of Technology||Multiple locations||www.iitd.ac.in/ Copy|
|Birla Institute of Technology||Pilani, Mesra||www.bits-pilani.ac.in Copy|
|National Institute of Technology, Calicut||Calicut||www.nitc.ac.in Copy|
|National Institute of Technology, Silchar||Silchar||www.nits.ac.in Copy|
|National Institute of Technology, Surathkal||Surathkal||www.nitk.ac.in Copy|
|National Institute of Technology, Bhopal||Bhopal||www.manit.ac.in Copy|
|Vellore Institute of Technology||Chennai||www.vit.ac.in Copy|
|Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad||Dhanbad||www.ism.ac.in Copy|
|Sri Ramaswamy Memorial University (SRM)||Multiple Locations||www.srmuniv.ac.in Copy|
|Pandit Deen Dayal Petroleum University||Gandhinagar||www.pdpu.ac.in Copy|
|St. Andrews Institute of Technology & Management||Gurugram||www.saitmgurgaon.com Copy|
|International Institute of Information Technology||Hyderabad||www.iiit.ac.in Copy|
|PSG College of Technology||Coimbatore||www.psgtech.edu Copy|
|Maharashtra Institute of Technology||Pune||www.mitpune.com Copy|
|Manipal University||Manipal, Jaipur||www.manipal.edu Copy|
Top Electrical and Electronics Engineering Institutes in the World
|University of Manchester||Manchester, United Kingdom||www.manchester.ac.uk Copy|
|University of Bristol||City of Bristol, United Kingdom||www.bristol.ac.uk Copy|
|University of Edinburgh||Edinburgh, United Kingdom||www.ed.ac.uk Copy|
|University College London||London, United Kingdom||www.ucl.ac.uk Copy|
|Imperial College London||London, United Kingdom||www.imperial.ac.uk Copy|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||United States||www.web.mit.edu Copy|
|Stanford University||United States||www.stanford.edu Copy|
|Harvard University||United States||www.harvard.edu Copy|
|National University of Singapore||Singapore||www.nus.edu.sg Copy|
|California Institute of Technology||United States||www.caltech.edu Copy|
|University of Michigan||United States||www.umich.edu Copy|
|University of Toronto||Canada||www.utoronto.ca Copy|
Pros & Cons of a Career in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Opens up a wide number of opportunities in sectors like telecommunication, power, railways, aerospace, IT and artificial intelligence. Hence the scope of it remains wide.
- Greater flexibility in switching from one industry to another as the application of Electrical and Electronics remains prevalent in multiple industries.
- Ample number of opportunities in both public and private sector.
- Risk associated with the hazardous profile of the job.
- Never-ending process of learning/certifications as the engineer needs to be updated on newer process like signal processing and biomedical research.
- Monetary Packages are expected to grow with substantial experience.
Electronic Engineering FAQs
Q. What is the duration of BE/BTech Electronics Engineering?
Q. What is the eligibility criteria for pursuing BE Electronics Engineering?
Q. What is the average fee for admission to the BE Electronics Engineering course?
Q. Is there a possibility for Electronics Engineers to get a job in DRDO?
Q. Can Electronics Engineers become a professor after pursuing BTech?
Q. What are some of the top companies to pursue an internship after completion of BE Electronics Engineering Course?
Q. What are some of the top colleges for BE in Electronics Engineering course?
Q. What all certificates are required for the admission to BE Electronics Engineering course?
Q. How to apply for PSU jobs after BTech Electrical Engineering?
Q. How to become Assistant Engineer (AE) after pursuing BTech in Electronics Engineering?
Q. What is the starting salary offered by PSUs to Electronics Engineers?