Career Options after UGC NET Exam 2022: You should know that the UGC NET (University Grant Commission National eligibility test) career options are not limited to JRF and Assistant Professor only. There are tremendous career scopes for the UGC NET Qualified candidate.
UGC NET Career Options & Promotions after qualifying JRF (Junior Research Fellowship)
If you are eligible for JRF, you can pursue research in the respective postgraduate subject. You can easily select the universities and colleges in the NET coordinating institutes. You can enroll for the Ph.D. course offered by universities and IIMs.
- You will receive a fellowship for five years after successfully qualifying NET-JRF and enrolling in a Ph.D. course.
- You will get the fellowship of Rs. 31000/- + HRA per month in the first two years. For the next three years, you will get a scholarship of Rs 35000/- + HRA per month. The amount of stipend may vary based on institutes.
- In addition to it, other facilities and grants may also be provided according to the policy of the concerned university.
- You will experience dual benefits after qualifying JRF offers, i.e. stipend like a regular job and a Doctorate Degree.
- You can also work as a researcher in a corporate firm. Some of the organizations hire JRF-qualified for the research work for their company.
The Promotion Prospects for JRF will be as follows
UGC NET JRF Job Positions and Promotions
|S. No.||Positions||Position after Promotion|
|1.||JRF (Junior Research Fellow)||SRF (Senior Research Fellow)|
|2.||PF (Project Fellow)||SPF (Senior Project Fellow)|
|3.||PA (Project Assistant/Associate)||SPA (Senior Project Assistant/Associate)|
|5.||Project Manager||Project Head|
Career Opportunities after qualifying UGC NET Exam For Assistant Professor
After qualifying for the UGC NET exam for lectureship, you will get a chance to establish yourself as Assistant Professor.
Based on your key skills you can teach and train the following people:
- Teach Undergraduates
- Educate Professional Students
- Train Post-Doctoral Fellows
If you have a dream to work in the teaching field, it is the best option.
- You will become eligible for the post of Assistant Professor after qualifying for the UGC-NET exam.
- You can easily apply for the post of Assistant Professor in the best institutes across the country with a valid scorecard.
- You can expect a salary structure in the range of Rs. 25,000/- to 40,000/- per month in the starting phase based on the scores, skills, and colleges.
- You can also join as a faculty at a coaching institute to train the aspirants for the UGC-NET Exam.
The Promotion Prospects for Assistant Professor will be as follows
|S. No.||Position||Position after Promotion|
|1.||Junior Assistant Professor||Assistant Professor|
|2.||Assistant Professor||Senior Assistant Professor|
|3.||Senior Assistant Professor||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)|
|4.||Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)||Associate Professor|
Career Options in Public Sector Undertakings After Qualifying UGC NET
- You can find new opportunities in the top PSU such as ONGC, NTPC, EdCIL, etc. for various positions through this exam.
- If you want to work in government organizations can apply for the recruitment process with your UGC NET scorecard.
- In companies recruit mainly in the fields of HR, Finance, and Marketing.
- You have to visit the official site to know the latest details regarding dates and selection procedure.
The Government Organizations that offer job opportunities to UGC NET Qualified Candidates are as follows:
|Name of Public Sector Organizations|
|S. No.||Name of Institutes|
|1||Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL)|
|2||Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)|
|3||National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)|
|4||Power Grid Corporation of India Limited|
|5||Naval Materials Research Laboratory (NMRL) Ambernath|
|6||Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)|
|7||Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL)|
|8||Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)|
|9||Oil India Limited (OIL)|
Note: along with these 9 institutes, other more institutes offer job opportunities to UGC NET Scorecard Achievers.
These PSUs recruit executives for suitable positions in the disciplines of science (R & D), management, corporate communications, human resources, finance, etc.
Career Options After UGC NET Other Academic Departments
- Program Executive
- Transmission Executive
- Center Manager
- IP Lead
- Lab Trainer
- Guest Faculty
- Coaching Tutor – Online/ Offline
UGC NET Salary Structure | JRF Salary & Assistant Professor Salary/ Net Qualified Lectrurers Salary
UGC NET Salary structure can be divided into two parts. These are,
- UGC NET JRF Salary or Scholarship
- UGC NET Lecturer or Assistant Professor Salary
The actual salary for UGC NET qualified candidates depends upon whether they are going for a Private institute or Government institute.
- For Private Institutes: the salary range varies from 35,000–60,000 per month based on the experience backed by the Doctoral Degree.
- For Government Institutes: if you have cleared the UGC NET exam and even if you do not have your Doctoral Degree, the Salary starts for an Assistant Professor at 70,000 per month. The pay band is between 70,000–1,20,000.
UGC NET JRF Salary Structure | JRF Salary After Clearing NET Exam
Check out the NET Exam 2022 JRF Scholarship amount, duration, and other related details below.
Tenure of fellowship – Initially for 3 years.
The duration can be extended further for a period of three years if the research work done by any candidate is found satisfactory by the concerned department of the University/College.
- NET JRF Scholarship Amount – INR 31,000 (for initial 2 years) and INR 35,000 (for remaining tenure).
- Contingency for Humanities and Social Sciences – INR 10,000/- per annum for the initial two years and INR 20,500/- per annum for the remaining three years.
- Contingency for Science – INR 12,000/- per annum for the initial two years and INR 25,000/- per annum for the remaining three years.
- Escorts/Reader Assistance – INR 2,000/- per month in case of physically and visually challenged candidates.
- HRA – As per University/Institute rules.
UGC Assistant Professor Salary Structure | Salary After Clearing NET Exam
After qualifying UGC NET exam you will get sophisticated salary packages for your posts.
You can check the NET Lecturer Salary Structure based on various positions as given below.
UGC NET Lecturer or Assistant Professor Salary UGC
Assistant Professor (Junior)
Minimum CTC per year 4.92 Lakhs
Minimum CTC per year 5.75 Lakhs
Assistant Professor (Senior)
Minimum CTC per year 6.80 Lakhs
Assistant Professor (Selection Grade)
Minimum CTC per year 9.33 Lakhs
Minimum CTC per year 9.33 Lakhs
Minimum CTC per year 11.88 Lakhs
FAQs- Career Options After UGC NET Exam
How many scholarships will I get when I enroll in Ph.D.?
After qualifying NET-JRF and enrolling in a Ph.D. course, For the first two years, the fellowship of Rs. 31000/- + HRA per month and for the next three years, the fellowship of Rs 35000/- + HRA per month (depends on different institutes) is provided.
What is the salary for NET Qualified Professor?
You can expect a salary structure for NET Qualified Professor is minimum CTC per year 11.88 Lakhs.
What are the career options after UGC NET Exam?
Go through the above blogs for the complete lists of career options after UGC NET Exam.
Do NET passers have an easy time getting UGC NET employment in India?
With a UGC NET certificate, you can easily get a job as a lecturer or researcher in one of India’s top universities or organizations.
Is it possible to get a job in a PSU after passing the UGC NET exam?
There are no UGC NET jobs available in PSU in 2021.
Is JRF a UGC NET job or scholarship programs?
NET JRF is not a job, but rather a scholarship programme that allows students to obtain a PhD in their chosen field.
What is the salary for Assistant Professor?
You can expect a salary structure in the range of Rs. 25,000/- to 40,000/- per month in the starting phase based on the scores, skills, and colleges.