Every student needs to know his/her choice of the stream before opting for it in class 11. Here we are listing some basic things that you will have to look into before arriving at a conclusion and choosing a stream in class 11.
After class 10, selection of the right stream is the most crucial step as a student’s whole future will be affected by this particular decision. Generally, students pick a course of their parents’ choice or they go with the one taken by most of their friends. This happens because students are not aware of making the choice of a stream after class 10. Before selecting a stream, one needs to look at some important factors to arrive at the right choice.
- Collect Subject Knowledge
- Peer Feedback (Make a Chart)
What to choose?
There is a wide variety of options to choose from when thinking about possible courses after the 10th. But you cannot choose just about ANY course, right? So, instead of going after popular mainstream choices, it is best to enhance your knowledge about the latest careers and make a well-informed decision. Read about the after 10th courses list mentioned below and choose the right for you.
How to select Board?
After 10th, you can either study in the same school board or you can opt for a different board. Changing the board/looking for the right education board to achieve your goals requires expertise. Thus, consider asking or taking advice from your teachers or counsellors.
Why make a choice?
As students are bombarded with endless options, it is always a good idea to make them aware of their own capabilities and strengths. This is most important for students who are stuck on what to do after 10th. Thus, before making any choice, awareness about the courses after 10th becomes crucial.
Therefore, to choose the right courses after 10th, right career counseling at the right time may let you explore your potential and help you make the right career choice.
Every student has a unique set of skills, strengths, and weaknesses and hence it is very important to choose from the top courses after 10th class. But before choosing what is best, do you know about the scope and opportunities available after each subject or stream?
Science stream in 11th and 12th class
After 10th, depending upon under which school board you are enrolling for class 11th and 12th, you can have several subjects to choose from:
- Physical Science Subjects – Physics, Chemistry
- Biological Science Subjects – Biology, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Food Science, Sports, Exercise & Health Science, etc.
- Mathematical Science Subjects – Mathematics, Statistics
- Other Science Subjects – Computer Science, Marine Science, Engineering Graphics, Informatics Practice, Electricity & Electronics, Engineering Science, Environmental Science, Geometrical & Building Drawing, Geometrical & Mechanical Drawing, Design Technology, Environmental Management, Home Science, etc.
- Social Science Subjects – Economics
If you want you can opt to keep a Career-oriented subject like – Information Technology, Information & Communication Technology, Multimedia & Web Technology, Fashion Studies/ Fashion Design, Media Studies, Travel & Tourism, etc.
Arts and Humanities stream in 11th and 12th class
After 10th, depending upon under which school board you are enrolling, you can have several subjects to choose from:
- Elective Indian Languages like Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, Odia, Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Kannada, Assamese, Urdu, Kashmiri, Manipuri, Mizo, Sanskrit, Nepali, Bodo, etc.
- Elective Foreign Languages like English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Latin, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Korean, Persian, Arabic, Portuguese, etc.
- Arts and humanities subjects like – Psychology, Economics, Geography, Sociology, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Global Politics, Social and Cultural Anthropology, Home Science, etc.
- Career-oriented subjects like – Computer Studies, Information Technology, Information & Communication Technology, Multimedia & Web Technology, Fashion Studies/ Fashion Design, Media Studies, Travel & Tourism, etc.
- Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science – some boards let you keep a Science subject along with other arts and humanities subjects
- Fine art and performing art subjects like – Fine Art, Visual Art, Dance, Music, Film, Theatre, Carnatic Music, Hindustani Music, Western Music, etc.
- Subject on religion like – Hinduism, Divinity, Islamic Study, etc.
Commerce / Business stream in 11th and 12th class
After 10th, commerce or business stream in class 11th and 12th offer several courses to choose from, depending upon under which school board you are enrolling:
- Commerce and Business subjects like – Accountancy, Business Studies, Commerce, Economics, Economic Geography, Secretarial Practice, Entrepreneurship, etc.
- Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science – some boards let you keep a Science subject along with other commerce subjects.
- Career-oriented subjects like – you may keep a subject like Computer Studies, Information Technology, Information & Communication Technology, Fashion Studies/ Fashion Design, Media Studies, Travel & Tourism, etc. along with your other Commerce and Business subjects.