LET'S KNOW ABOUT SUSTAINABILITY MANAGEMENT ?
|Course Level||Post Graduate|
|Full Form||Master of business administration in Sustainable Development Management|
|Eligibility||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline preferably BBA, BTech, Statistics, commerce etc. /CET|
|Admission Process||Through qualifying entrance exams such as CAT,MAT,CMAT.|
|Average Annual Fees||INR 3,00,000 to 12,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 5,00,000 to 17,00,000|
|Top recruiting agencies||Environmental Planning Companies, NGOs, Multinational NGOs, Trade Industries, Educational & Research Institutions, etc.|
|Job Positions||Associate Market Manager, Development R&D/Training Leader, Lecturer, Business Development Executive, Relationship Manager, Business Development Executive, Business Development Specialist.|
MBA Sustainable Development Management: What is it about?
Information and details about the MBA Sustainable Development Management program are as follows.
- This program lays emphasis on sustainable approach of business and to earn profits through sustainable activities that nurture nature as well as promote extension business growth.
- MBA in Sustainable Development Management offers unique curriculum through which business administration and management can be advocated and done through sustainable techniques that offer business growth and momentum by practicing sustainable practices
- This course ensures learning business administration and management that do not affect the environment and its resources but also lays emphasis on its importance and how commercial business have the potential to transform the earth and its bounty without jeopardizing the abundance of earth solely for business transformations and transactions
- MBA in Sustainable Development Management offers study on Various and diverse new ideas and campaigns that promotes sustainable practices of business administration and green planet assignment to revolutionize the way Businesses are conducted and to allow new ideas for business promotion and success.
- In this course students are taught the key basics of natural resources and how these resources can be used to earn profits through sustainable practices and procedures.
- This course is developed to enhance the individual’s quality and skill to become a responsible business man in his or her quest to earn a profit margin without taking any action against natural abundance and ensuring adequate safety and security of these resources for future generations sustenance and also earning stable income through the same.
MBA in Sustainable Development Management has been a popular choice of course program recently due to its immense potential and adaptation of green eco campaigns that help promote sustainable practices of business administration.
- This course program can help candidates get employment as associate market managers where they can develop plans and policies that advocate green marketing campaigns to promote nature and business together
- The course also provides assistance to candidates who wish to pursue research as R&D developers and actively get included in research concerning business activity through Sustainable activities.
- Candidates can also work as relationship managers in a firm or an organization that act as a bridge and present perspective on both business and nature Administration and management to secure plans for the betterment of both these sectors.
- Candidates can also work as business development executives to exclusively devise plans, strategies,ideas and campaigns to promote business activities and Administration without sabotaging the natural abundance and adoption of eco friendly methods of business administration.
- Candidates can also seek work opportunities as team leaders and workers in an organization that helps supervise a team of professionals to support and promote sustainable development and management of business.
- Candidates can also become consultants and Executives to organizations and provide essential advice and insights on how certain business activities and operations can help aid the environment and also provide alternatives to hazardous practices that threaten the natural abundance of earth.
- MBA in Sustainable Development Management Course can also prepare candidates to work as lecturers and teachers in prestigious educational institutions and organizations to guide and provide mentorship to students who wish to become businessmen or businesswomen and adopt sustainable business approaches.
Admission to the course is done based on the score obtained by a candidate in an entrance exam.
- Some of the major all India entrance exams conducted for this purpose are CAT, MAT, XAT, CMAT etc.
- Some colleges also offer admission on merit basis. Usually, the admission process commences from the month of August and September.
- Online forms for almost every entrance exam are available by the end of August.
- Submit the application to the colleges or universities you are interested in for admission.
- Perform well in the undergraduate examinations as the scores obtained in these form the basis of the entire admission process.
- In due course of time colleges release their cutoff lists. Check if you are eligible for admission into the desired course.
- If eligible, visit the college and submit all the required documents.
Entrance based admission
- Submit the application to the colleges or universities you are interested in for admission.
- Register for the entrance exams you will be required to qualify in order to make it the college of your choice.
- In order to get shortlisted for further rounds of admission, one must score above the minimum qualifying percentile set by the respective college or university.
- After the written test, special group discussion and personal interview rounds are conducted for preparing the final merit list of shortlisted candidates.
- Once all the tests are conducted, the colleges or universities declare the result and release a merit list of finally shortlisted candidates on the basis of the written test, group discussion and personal interview.
- After the admission process, the final allotment of seats to the candidates take place and the candidate is required to deposit the course fee and register for the respective academic year.
What is the MBA Sustainable Development Management Eligibility Criteria?
The eligibility criteria for MBA Sustainable Development Management aspirants is not complicated and is as follows. It must be noted that the eligibility criteria will differ from institute to institute.
- The candidate must possess a bachelor degree in any relevant discipline from a recognized college or university.
- One must have an aggregate of minimum 50% marks in their graduation to be eligible for this course.
- The candidate must have a valid score in the required entrance exam.
- Work experience is not mandatory but is highly preferred.
Which are the popular MBA Sustainable Development Management Entrance Exams?
There are many national and state-level entrance exams to appear for the admission into the MBA Sustainable Development Management program.
|Entrance Exam||Exam Date||Exam Mode|
|CAT||November 27, 2022||Online|
|MAT||September 4, 2022||CBT Mode|
|XAT||January 8, 2023||Online|
|CMAT||Last week of March 2023||Online|
How to Prepare for MBA Sustainable Development Management entrance examinations?
Scoring good marks in an entrance exam is not a difficult task if one is well aware of the latest exam pattern. Hence, one should go through the previous year papers and perform a proper analysis of the exam pattern. Apart from this, one should do thorough research about the full syllabus of the entrance exam. Mainly there are four sections in almost all the MBA exams.
- Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability
- Quantitative ability
- Data interpretation and logical reasoning
- General knowledge and current affairs
One can follow the tips given below in order to excel in any entrance exam:
- Generally, multiple-choice based questions are asked in the exam. In most of the exams, negative marks are offered for every wrong answer. So, make sure you attempt only those questions which you are sure of.
- Verbal ability and reading comprehension section generally include Reading Comprehension, Verbal Ability, Para Jumbles, Summarizing etc. The best way to get acquainted with the language is to do as much reading as possible.
- The QA section comprises questions of 10th level Mathematics. The questions are usually tricky and require a different approach to solving them. Hence one must be very clear with the basics.
- DI & LR section is generally tricky and difficult. One can start preparing for this section by trying to solve simple puzzles. Try to solve questions correctly and quickly.
- Some entrance exams also have general knowledge and current affair questions. The types of questions asked under this section are about national and international affairs, businesses, taglines of companies, top officials of big companies, international organizations, social issues etc.
- One must read newspapers and news articles daily to stay updated on the current affairs.
- Once done with the syllabus, one must start taking mock tests. This helps one to get a taste of the type of questions which are usually asked in the exam. Taking around 20 to 25 mocks can help you in performing really well in the entrance exam.
- One can even rely on a suitable coaching institute for preparation if one feels the need for it.
How to get admission in a good MBA Sustainable Development Management college?
To secure admission into a top-ranked MBA institute, a number of factors come into play. Some of the following tips will be helpful in that regard.
- The admission process to the course is either entrance based or merit-based.
- In the case of merit-based selection, one must perform well in the qualifying examinations.
- In the case of entrance based selection, it is very important to perform well and score a good percentile in the entrance exam in order to get admission in a good college.
- One must be well aware of the latest exam pattern. One must also know the weightage assigned to each section in the exam and prepare accordingly.
- One must start preparing for the entrance exam a year before as this gives ample time for learning and revision.
- Keep your target institute in mind and work hard to get admission in the same.
- The group discussions and personal interviews that follow the entrance exam, determine the candidate’s interpersonal skills and communication skills. So, they must be confident in their abilities while going through these rounds.
- Some institutes prefer candidates with some level of work-experience.
What is the Syllabus of MBA Sustainable Development Management?
MBA in Sustainable Development Management is a 2-year degree program. Each year consists of 2 semesters. The course curriculum incorporates various assignments, quizzes, and presentations. In some colleges, it is mandatory for students to take up any related internship while pursuing the course. The table given below shows the semester-wise breakup of the subjects one is required to study under the curriculum of this course.
|Semester I||Semester III|
|Human Resources Management||Combination of Sustainability & Business Success|
|Business Marketing||The boundaries of Sustainable Development|
|Social Responsibility||International Business Law|
|Global Risk Management||Seminar 2|
|Semester II||Semester IV|
|Knowledge & Information Management||Environmental Management Systems|
|Cross-Cultural Understanding & Management||Negotiations, Leadership & Communication Skills|
|Firms and Sustainable Development||Business Financial Management|
|Seminar 1||Methodology & Research|
What books Can I refer to for an MBA Sustainable Development Management Course?
Some of the important books relevant to the course have been tabulated along with the names of their authors:
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Sustainability Management||DR. DEB PRASANNA CHOUDHURY|
|Environmental Physics||Sood D.D|
|Modern Concepts Of Ecology||Kumar H. D.|
|Environmental Law and Policy of India ,||Diwan,S. and|
|Corporate Social Responsibility Part I, Part II, Part III||David Crowther and Guler Aras|
Which are the Top MBA Sustainable Development Management Colleges?
MBA in Sustainable Development Management course is offered by many top colleges and universities across the country. Some of the top colleges offering this course have been mentioned below with several other details.
|Name of the College/ University||Admission Process||Average Annual Fees||Average Annual Salary|
|Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline preferably commerce/accounts/statistics/ BBA/BTech with a minimum of 50-60%/ CET||INR 14,01,000||INR 6,89,000|
|Xavier school of Management Jamshedpur||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline preferably commerce/accounts/statistics/ BBA/BTech with a minimum of 50-60%/ CET||INR 14,00,000||INR 9,63,000|
|Indian School Of Business Hyderabad||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline preferably commerce/accounts/statistics/ BBA/BTech with a minimum of 50-60%/ CET||INR 23,05,000||INR 8,74,000|
|Taxila Business School Jaipur||INR 2,98,000||INR 7,41,000|
|Indian Institute of Management Lucknow||INR 5,94,000||INR 8,00,000|
|Presidency University Bangalore||INR 2,81,000||INR 5,79,000|
|University of Delhi, Faculty of Management Studies New Delhi||INR 10,480||INR 6,00,000|
|Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode||INR 8,00,000||INR 4,79,000|
|Indian School of Business Mohali||INR 35,03,000||INR 11,25,000|
|Indian Institute of Foreign Trade New Delhi||INR 8,61,000||INR 9,00,000|
Source: College Websites
The tabulation below depicts the comparison made among the three top MBA Sustainable Development Management colleges in India.
|Parameters||Indian Institute of Management Bangalore||Xavier School of Management Jamshedpur|
|Overview||IIMB offers exclusive curriculum that includes wide range of assignments and internship opportunities that lay emphasis on crucial management topics and sectors||Xavier School of Management is a prestigious management school that offers curriculum based on current business changes and offers Opportunities that help generate profits through current economic world changes.|
|Average Fees||INR 14,01,000||INR 14,00,000|
|Average Salary||INR 6,89,000||INR 9,63,000|
|Top placement Companies||Accenture, Deloitte AB InBev, Deloitte India, McKinsey & Company, Microsoft, Myntra, Oyo Rooms, PwC Technology and Samsung||Deloitte, Cognizant, PwC, Capgemini, TCS, Brillio, Mahindra and Mahindra(GMC), GE Healthcare, TASL, Zenoti etc.|
MBA Sustainable Development Management is a specialization of MBA. The differences between these two courses are provided in the table below:
|Parameters||MBA||MBA in Sustainable Development Management|
|Overview||MBA General offers insight on Business Administration techniques and methods with special emphasis on marketing Finance and human resource management||MBA in Sustainable Development Management offers expertise in all essential areas of Business Administration including marketing, Finance and human resource but also lays special focus on sustainable approach and ideas through which Business can impact the world in general|
|Eligibility||Graduation from any stream||Graduation from any stream (preferred Engineering)|
|Admission Process||Entrance Tests followed by GD and PI||Entrance Tests followed by GD and PI|
|Average Fees||INR 2,00,000 to 30,00,000||INR 3,00,000 to 12,00,000|
|Average Annual Salary||INR 2,00,000 – 10,00,000||INR 5,00,000 – 17,00,000|
|Duration||Two years||Two years|
|Job Profiles||Manager, Marketing Manager, Analyst etc.||Relationship Manager, Business Development Executive, Business Development Specialist, Associate Market Manager, Development R&D/Training Leader, Lecturer, Business Development Executive etc.|
|Top Recruiters||Amazon, ITC, Reliance Industries Ltd, Aditya Birla, Oracle, Google and Reliance Industries Ltd. etc.||Environmental Planning Companies, NGOs, Multinational NGOs, Trade Industries, Educational & Research Institutions, etc.|
Source: College Websites
MBA in Sustainable Development Management offers excellent career in business administration and management streams with high end Salary packages and incentives
- MBA in Sustainable Development Management aspirants can work as associate market managers that devise new strategies and plans according to new age Business Analytics and trends.
- The course also ensures job roles as development and R&D executives to propose and reform new techniques of Business growth thoroughly sustainable ideas and approaches
- MBA in Sustainable Development Management also offers job roles such as business development officers and executives that help formulate new policies and approaches to earn profits through green and eco friendly campaigns
- This course also ensures jobs as a relationship manager who constantly works towards the betterment of human resource management and development key basic strategies to evolve Business relationships and dealings.
- The course also ensures jobs and vacancies as Consultants and specialists that help promote and develop new content for business that provides sustainability and economic bandwidth to the business.
- This course also ensures working as a teacher and a lecturer in prestigious institutions and organizations which can be proven beneficial to students who are eager to make their career in this field.
|Job Profile||Job Description||Average Annual Salary|
|Business Development Officer||Business Development Officers are incharge of overseeing Administration works and devising new plans and policies for the organization as well as acquire new consumers and businesses||INR 7,50,000|
|Lecturer||Lecturer or teachers are often employed by educational institutions to work on teaching and guiding potential students and Aspirants||INR 6,00,000|
|Investment Banker||Investment bankers are Professionals responsible for engaging the organizations with potential investors and to accumulate funds for companies formation and functioning||INR 4,78,000|
|Product and Brand Manager||Product and brand managers are individuals responsible for delivering and developing the brand image and brand loyalty through employment of various eco friendly and sustainable techniques for the promotion of the product and what it stands for||INR 8,00,000|
|Relationship Manager||Relationship managers are individuals who are responsible for maintaining customer relations and also take utmost care of human resource department and other important business relationships||INR 3,75,000|
Source: College Websites
Apart from seeking jobs, another option for students is to pursue higher education. MBA Sustainable Development Management Scope available to students are given below:
- PhD: If one wishes to continue in the same field of education, the first program of choice is a PhD in Sustainable Development, PhD Management Studies etc. It is a three-year course and the eligibility criteria include having a Master’s degree in Finance. Students can pursue PhD in any of the related fields.
- Students can also participate in the Fellow Programme in Management (equivalent to PhD) conducted by all the IIMs on completion of this course.
- Competitive examinations: Another route that postgraduates can opt to go for is to prepare for competitive examinations. Examinations that are meant for job opportunities in Government sector organizations are most popular. Students will be able to get to the highest paid jobs in this sector.